As you have probably heard in the past few months the country of New Zealand has experienced many earthquakes. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Canterbury_earthquake and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Christchurch_earthquake.
In order to protect RefineryCMS from being lost forever in one of the earthquakes, the decision was made to move the project from New Zealand to a safer place, like Redmond, Washington. Microsoft has graciously accepted to take over the project in exchange for some small changes. These changes will take place in the coming months.
Changes to be made by Microsoft Refine 1.1:
- Refine will only run on Windows. We don't foresee this being a problem as it currently runs best on Windows anyway.
- The source code will be converted to the C# programming because C# is a piano key and Ruby is not.
- The amount of time it takes to install Refine will be increased from 2 minutes to 2 hours. This allows you time to spend with your family while Refine is installed.
- After every click, a popup window will ask "Are you sure?". This should prevent any unnecessary changes.
- If anything goes wrong, you can press "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" to kick all visitors from your website while Refine conveniently takes the website offline for several minutes and restarts. Don't worry, your visitors will see a friendly and familiar blue page explaining what happened.
We expect to see a few problems in this first 1.1 release, but they should all be sorted out when Microsoft Refine 1.1 Service Pack 1 is released.