In this article, i will explain how to use Refinery CMS with its Rest API to manage the content of a Middleman static website hosted on the Netlify platform.
The final goal for me is to have one headless CMS app for multiple clients and one Middleman website hosted on Netlify for each customer.
In order to achieve this, we will:
- Bootstrap a new Refinery CMS 3.0.x app with a blog
- Install and configure the Rest API extension
- Create a new middleman app with a blog
- Install and configure the middleman-refinery extension
- Deploy the middleman website on Netlify
- Set the Webhook on your Refinery CMS app
BONUS: I have worked on a refinerycms-multisites extension in order to allow us to create one Refinery CMS app and host multiples customers on it: https://github.com/refinerycms-contrib/refinerycms-multisites
Read this article : Use Refinery CMS as a headless API-first CMS